Matthew J. Reedy
Matthew J. Reedy earned his B.A. in 2006 from Northwestern University, where he was a member of the Northwestern Debate Society. After two years as a consultant for Accenture, he enrolled in law school at the University of Notre Dame where he was on the Dean's List, earned the Dean's Award in Constitutional Law and graduated magna cum laude. While at Notre Dame, he was the Federal Courts, Practice & Procedure Editor for the Notre Dame Law Review, served as President of the Sports, Communication & Entertainment Law Forum, participated in Bengal Bouts and was Head Coach of the undergraduate Parliamentary Debate Team.
As Massey & Gail’s first hire, Matthew has litigated a wide range of matters. He has taken two cases to verdict in jury trials and successfully litigated three commercial disputes in arbitration. He has experience in every phase of litigation, from discovery through judgment collection and appeal.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2011
- Northwestern University, B.A., 2006
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Awards and Honors
- Dean’s List, University of Notre Dame Law School
- Dean’s Award in Constitutional Law, University of Notre Dame Law School
- Federal Courts, Practice & Procedure Editor, University of Notre Dame Law Review
- Eagle Scout
- Secured a $6,490,000 jury verdict after a month-long trial in favor of a telecommunications company in a case involving breach of contract and other state-law claims. Straitshot Communications, Inc. v. Telekenex, Inc., 2012 WL 727271, W.D. Wash., March 06, 2012 (NO. C10-268Z).
- Successfully defended a board member of a home healthcare and hospice company and trustee of a related trust in a jury trial involving breach of contract and fiduciary duty claims. DeCesare v. DeCesare, et al., CL-2013-11180 (Va. Cir.).
- Secured an $8MM+ arbitration award in favor a private equity firm in its breach of contract claim with regard to the sale of a home healthcare company. HealthEdge Investment Fund, L.P., et al. v. Paul Gremillion, et al., 2015-CV-259163 (Ga. Sup. Ct.).
- Secured a nearly $5MM arbitration award in favor of a dental and veterinary imaging company in an accounting dispute with its purchaser regarding the calculation of a contingent purchase price earnout.