Katy is an experienced commercial litigator, whose practice encompasses all phases of litigation, including discovery, motion practice, trials, and appeals. She has experience litigating matters in federal court and conducting complex investigations on behalf of businesses, individuals, and the federal government. She has represented plaintiffs and defendants in cases involving constitutional matters, administrative law, antitrust, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, business and medical torts, and the False Claims Act.
Katy previously worked as an attorney in the Bureau of Competition of the Federal Trade Commission and as a trial attorney with the U.S. Department of Justice, where she served as lead attorney for a docket of over seventy cases. She is a former law clerk to the Honorable Chief Judge Roger L. Gregory of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, a 2014 graduate of the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, and a former doctoral student in political science at UCLA.
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law, J.D., 2014
- University of California, Los Angeles, Doctoral Student in Political Science, 2009-2011
- Vassar College, B.A., with Departmental Honors, 2006
- The Honorable Roger L. Gregory, Chief Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- UC Berkeley Herma Hill Kay Fellow
- American Jurisprudence Award for Advanced Legal Research
- “Obama and Africa: Matching Expectations with Reality,” (with Princeton N. Lyman) Journal of International Affairs, Spring/Summer 2009
Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Obtained reversal of special master decision finding vaccines caused Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
- Successfully defended US Department of Health & Human Services in vaccine injury case alleging vasculitis following flu vaccine.
- Secured dismissal of cases alleging chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy and systemic allergy following flu vaccines.
- Conducted nonpublic investigations into anticompetitive mergers and conduct in the food wholesale and oil and gas industries.