Massey & Gail LLP, a litigation boutique with offices in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and San Francisco, is looking to hire a full-time Legal Secretary in its Chicago office. A successful candidate will be able to undertake a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. This person will work under the supervision and guidance of the firm’s attorney and paralegal team.
The firm has identified an initial set of responsibilities though additional responsibilities would be fulfilled over time and as quickly as sensible. Responsibilities will likely include, among other tasks, the following:
- Provide administrative support to the firm’s lawyers and paralegals
- Professionally and effectively communicate with witnesses, clients, colleagues, vendors and other partners
- Greet visitors and other office administration tasks
- Attend to travel and other arrangements for the firm’s team
- Produce and format various legal documents such as appeals, motions, and pleadings
- 10+ years of Legal Secretary experience
- Outstanding time-management and typing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and being comfortable with dealing with various types of people • Substantial work experience with MS Office and Adobe
- Knowledge of legal terminology, regulations and court system
- Experience e-filing legal documents is a plus
- Familiarity with Westlaw is also a plus
- Experience with document management software systems is a plus
Pay will be commensurate with experience. Health insurance, retirement plan, and other benefits are available. We anticipate a long and mutually rewarding relationship with the right hire.
If interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.